Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Midweek Weekend

It's so nice to have two days off in a row, even if it's on a Tuesday and Wednesday. My midweek weekend was peaceful and relaxing.

Tuesday:
On Tuesday I went to Kaimana Beach which was recommended by my boss. She said it's a beach for locals and it's usually not crowded. I relaxed at the apartment in the morning and set out for the beach by 12pm. This one was a little further than I usually go but I must say that it was such a nice, quiet beach. Unfortunately, this sign was posted:


I hesitated to go in but after a while I needed to cool down and I took my chances. There were a decent amount of other people in the water and only 2 had been stung. The beachwater in Hawaii is amazing. It's always a little cold when you first go in but you're body adjusts so quickly because it's warmer than most water. You can be standing in water up to your chest and you can still check out your toes by simply just looking down. It's clear, refreshing, and unpolluted!! In most of the beaches, especially in Waikiki, the floor of the beachwater is just smooth sand. No pointy rocks or jagged shells puncturing sensitive feet. I spent the majority of my time on the beach tanning.


Wednesday:
On Wednesday I headed to Don Quijote, a local supermarket that's about a 10-15 minute walk from my apartment. You would think that a name like that would insinuate that it probably has a Hispanic influence. You would be totally wrong. It's mostly Japanese and American products. There are aisles specfically marked for Japanese products. It's my favorite store by far because you can find anything and everything there and at a very decent price. I did a small food shopping and got myself some flowers for my room:


I've decided that I don't hate flowers as much as I once did. I never saw a purpose for them because they die so quickly but I'm going to try to keep fresh flowers in my room (weekly or biweekly). I feel like it adds a touch of happiness. Later in the day, even though I should have been looking for another job, I decided to go to Ala Moana Beach Park. This beautiful place had grassy picnic areas along with scenic beach views. There was also a path that encompassed the entire park which was a wonderful walk.



There were so many interesting palms and other types of trees. It would have been ideal if I remembered to pack some food but unfortunately I didn't. Eventually I found my favorite spot to lay down and wait for th sun to set:


The sun was scheduled to set at 6:55pm today. I had to wait for 3 hours and considered just leaving and coming back on another day but I knew how disappointed you all would be. Especially since this was one of the most picturesque sunsets I had ever seen. I couldn't pick a favorite.




I love the colors in the sky and the shimmering of the water.
I love Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment