Thursday, April 21, 2011

Firsts

I always get a little nervous during firsts. So nervous, in fact, that I have to force myself to even go. Yesterday was my first day in the apartment and first day of work. I have been so excited about both of these things but when it's finally time to move in/go to work I just want to stay home (or at the hotel) because I am comfortable there. Alas, this whole experience is forcing me out of my comfort zone and I am so glad that I am.

Moving into the apartment was easy. My landlord picked me up from the hotel a few days ago so I could leave my big suitcase in the house. This made move in day super easy. I put everything away which was also super easy because I don't have very many things here. When the time came I forced myself to get dressed for work and head out the door. It's weird learning the ropes at first but I kept reminding myself that in a week or two I'll know my place. People at work are SO NICE!! People at my apartment are SO NICE!! I think it may just be people in Hawaii are SO NICE!! haha. I love the people I have met so far and I'm loving my work environment. They're giving me plenty of hours now so I won't have to get a second job right away. I will have to eventually but at least its not right now.

Here's a little word of advice for someone I know that gets nervous/anxious/shy when starting new situations... Everyone feels uncomfortable at first but eventually it all settles down and you'll be a pro in no time!!

Hang loose man. No worries


No comments:

Post a Comment