Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hawaiian desserts

I'm sorry its been so long. I have been crazy busy. No worries though. I may have been a little too busy to blog but definitely not too busy for DESSERT!!!!

There's nothing better than Hawaiian desserts. Now, if you don't know me, I have a sweet tooth like no other. I am a complete fatty when it comes to after meal snackage.


These are from my bakery. This is what I do every morning when I open there. I decorate cupcakes. I LOVE IT! That's my favorite part of my job. Pictured here we have Lilikoi, Red Velvet, Mocha Mac, Vanilla, Strawberry Guava, Carrot, Haupia, Chocolate, and Devils Food. Everyone that has had the pleasure of trying my wonderful cupcakes have greatly enjoyed them...so have I. Mocha Mac is my favorite followed by Lilikoi but they are all wonderful! haha.


Now this beauty is a dessert at Jimmy Buffett's. It's called the Hurricane. Please pay attention because I will only say this once. Brownie. Vanilla Ice Cream. Brownie. Vanilla Ice Cream. Whipped Cream. Hot Fudge. Caramel. Macadamia Nuts. Cherry on top. Did you get all that? Yes. It is amazing. Yes. It may be love.


Mochi. I don't even know how to describe mochi so I will leave it to wikipedia. Mochi is a Japanese confection made from pounded sticky rice with an ice cream filling. There are so many different Mochi flavors. My favorite is that orange one on the top left photo. It's passion fruit. I love my lilikoi (passion fruit). The other flavors shown are red velvet and raspberry (on the left) and chocolate espresso and chocolate peanut butter (i think -- those weren't mine) and raspberry and vanilla (on the right) Needless to say -- yum! You just need to taste it to believe it. And oh wait you CAN!!! Check it out! Free shipping. Try some!! If you're in Hawaii go to Bubbies on University Ave (thankfully just a 5-10 min walk from my apartment). You won't be sorry.


I was told about this sweet treat by a coworker from the bakery. When she was describing it to me she quoted the slogan written right on the front window. "It's not ice cream. It's not shave ice. It's not frozen yogurt. IT'S SNOW!" I wouldn't exactly call it snow. It's kinda of like a cold cotton candy consistency but with a better taste. Pictured above is mango flavored with mango pops. The pops are so good as well. It's like a burst of flavor with every POP! This dessert hails from The Snow Factory that is less than 5 minutes from my apartment. Unfortuntately this one doesn't ship but feel free to check out the website.

Yes, I know how lucky I am! =)

1 comment:

  1. mochi is gross tasting...ew but everything else looks delicious..yum

    ReplyDelete